Lab-Aids: Osmosis and Diffusion Kit - Bilingual English/Spanish
Can studying the basic life process function of osmosis and diffusion stimulate your students' curiosity? It can with this hands-on lab experience! Students observe first hand the characteristics of a deferentially permeable membrane. Some substances will pass through the membrane and some won't. Some will actually pass through the membrane in both directions simultaneously. Simple color changes help students visualize this biological-physiological phenomenon. Kit is complete for 30 students.
- Observe diffusion through a membrane in two directions at the same time
- Observe selective permeability of a membrane
- Understand how osmosis and diffusion relate to cellular life processes on a cellular level
- 1 Teacher's Guide with MSDS
- 30 Student Worksheets and Guides
- 30 Membranes, semi-permeable
- 60 Glucose testing strips
- 30 Containers, plastic
- 3 Droppers
- 1 Lugol's solution, bottle
- 2 Glucose solution, bottle
- 2 Liquid Starch, bottle
- To complete this kit requires 1 ~50-minute class period.
- Number of students: 24