This kit containut has the same activities as kit 72 but has materials for 8 groups rather than 12
Demystify the DNA/RNA connection in protein synthesis. This hands-on modeling approach makes the complex chemistry of DNA/RNA protein synthesis easily understood! The kit includes twelve packets of color-coded molecular model components.
Following step-by-step directions, students will:
- Build and replicate an eight-rung DNA molecule
- Use half the DNA ladder to build mRNA (messenger RNA)
- Simulate mRNA movement by placing the mRNA on a ribosome
- Simulate translation by matching the mRNA and its codons to the tRNA (transfer RNA) and its anti-codons
- Disconnect the protein chain so the process can continue