Engino Discovering STEM Education Series | Simple Machines
This item is limited to quantities on hand. Once in-stock quantities sell out, this item will no longer be available.
- Grades: 2+
ABOUT: The SIMPLE MACHINES set is a combination of the basic 5 sets of "Discovering STEM" series and covers all Simple Machines mechanisms. These mechanisms offer a mechanical advantage and are crucial elements of many machines and devices. They are designed to multiply or reduce force, increase or decrease speed and convert one type of motion to another. Build 60 working models that cover the subjects of levers, the wedge, the wheel and axle, the screw, the inclined plane, the pulley, as well as the more advanced gears and linkages! You can find easy-to-follow building instructions for all models either online or in the booklets included. The booklets provide detailed explanations of the different scientific principles applied and incorporate innovative experimental activities for hands-on learning. Quiz sections for each chapter are also available to challenge your newly acquired knowledge! Conduct thorough experiments and discover:
- the three classes of levers and the use of linkages;
- how to gain mechanical advantage from wheel, axles and inclined planes mechanisms;
- how to use pulleys to change force and direction of motion;
- how to use cams and cranks to produce different types of motion;
- how to calculate gear ratio and how worm drives work.
The DISCOVERING STEM series was developed by qualified teachers and academics, following the latest pedagogical trends in order to combine theory with practice. The series deals with the core subjects of STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics - in a fascinating and enjoyable way. Each package includes a comprehensive activity booklet, covering a broad area of subjects: Mechanics and Simple Machines, Structures, Newton Laws, Renewable Energy and even Programmable Robotics! The combined packages of Simple Machines and Physics Resource Master Set include 5 and 8 activity booklets respectively.
ENGINO® TOY SYSTEM is perhaps the most advanced and versatile three dimensional construction toy in the market today! What makes this product so unique is the variety of innovations in functionality and efficiency. The patented design of the parts allows snap-fit connectivity of up to 6 sides simultaneously! Triangulation is easily achievable with the TEE and ELBOW connectors without the trouble of having any protruding elements, while the extendable rods offer accurate lengths within the point of a millimetre! With the ENGINO system the creation of any angle is possible either by using the fixed 45 degrees connector or the pivoted joint part. Every set is specially designed to be both creative and educational, unleashing children's imagination and making learning fun.
- 5 multi-page booklets with theory, experimental activities, quiz and building instructions.
- Full color images, drawings and interesting facts.
- Thought provoking building challenges and exercises.
- Provision to write, note results and draw conclusions.
- Various gears of high precision for changing speed.
- Various pulleys for changing force and direction.
- 60 working models to build.
- Recommended for ages 8-16+
- Snap-fit connectivity in any direction and angle.
- Extraction tool for easy disassembly.
- 3D interactive instructions to download on your smart device.
- Easy-to-follow building instructions.
- All parts are non-toxic and made to last.
⚠CHOKING HAZARD - Small parts. Not for children under 3 years.