eceSTEM Energy Flow Kit
Recommended Grades: K-3
Number of Students: 24 working in six groups of four
Hours of Lessons/Activities:‚ 8+ over the course of at least 15 days
Students will explore animal and plant interactions to explain energy flow in an ecosystem. Students will grow plants, explore food webs and food chains, build environments for an animal, and work on a long-term plot project at home.
Major Concepts & Big Ideas:
- What do plants need to grow?
- What do animals need to grow?
- How do plants and animals interact in a food web and food chain?
- Design and build an environment for a selected animal.
- How does recycling help maintain the delicate balance in nature?
- Kite String (2)‚ ‚ ‚
- Lima Bean Seeds (1)‚ ‚
- Plastic Pot (48)‚ ‚
- Tray for Pots (3)
- Potting Mix - Moisture Control (2)‚ ‚
- Platform Scale (6)‚ ‚
- Scissors (12)‚ ‚
- Glue Stick - Pack of 12 (1)‚ ‚
- Exam Gloves - Pack of 10 (5)‚ ‚
- Plastic Storage Container (1)‚ ‚ ‚
- eceSTEM Leader's Expedition Guide - Energy Flow (1)
- eceSTEM Photo Cards - Energy Flow - Set of 24 (1)