eceSTEM Electricity Kit
Recommended Grades: 3-6
Number of Students: 24 working in six groups of four
Hours of Lessons/Activities:‚ 11+
Please‚ contact‚ firstname.lastname@example.org‚ regarding delivery time.‚
Students will explore electricity and how it flows, converts, and provides energy. Students will explore static electricity, build electromagnets, design series and parallel circuits, explore conductivity and build their own flash light.
Major Concepts & Big Ideas:
- What is static electricity? How does it behave?
- How do you build an electromagnet? What will it do?
- What is a series circuit? How is it built?
- What is conductivity? How can it be tested?
- Design, build, and test a parallel circuit.
- How much electrical energy do we use and how can we conserve it?
- Latex Balloons - 9" (25)
- Paper Confetti Pack (1)
- Iodized Salt Shaker (1)
- Pepper Shaker (1)
- Wire Stripper & Cutter (1)
- Electrical Tape (2)
- Receptacle for Miniature Lamp (30)
- Aluminum D Cell Battery Holder (6)
- D Cell Battery (66)
- Craft Fur Fabric Pieces (6)
- Craft Rolls (24)
- Miniature Lamps (50)
- Kite String Spool (1)
- Hair Comb (6)
- Index Card 5"x7" (10)
- Jumbo Paper Clips (100)
- Staples (5000)
- Corrugated Cardboard Pad 5"x7" (6)
- Iron Nail (6)
- 22 Gauge Wire - 100 Feet (1)
- Brass Prong Fasteners (100)
- Paper Cup 3oz. (36)
- Single Pole, Single Throw Knife Switch (6)
- Various items to test for conductivity (6 of each)
- Storage Container - 16 quart (1)
- eceSTEM Leader's Expedition Guide (1)
*The included product image is a sample - packaging and brands of items pictured are subject to change at any time.