CreositySpace Mushroom Maestros Curriculum Unit Kit
Number of Students: 30
What can YOU make out of mushrooms?
Mention mushrooms, molds, slimes, or other fungi to kids and you're likely to get a bunch of scrunched noses and a chorus of "EWWs!" That all changes when Eben and Gavin start to explain how mushroom technology is changing the way we think about packaging, sculpture, and many other things. Using the game-changing mushroom-based technologies coming out of Ecovative's Mycelium Foundry as the overarching phenomenon, students explore traits, characteristics, and engineering as they ask themselves: "How and why do traits develop and how can humans use them to solve problems and develop technology?"
Contact us for additional Activity Descriptions and a Standards Alignment.
The Mushroom Maestros Curriculum Kit includes:
- Educator Guide (1)
My STEM Stories Notebooks (30)
My STEM Explorer Notes Notebooks (30)
- Timelines Sheets (1 set)
- Introductory Investigation Data Recording Sheets (30)
- Who are you more closely related to? Comparison Cards (6 sets)
- Video tutorial for the mushroom materials hands-on investigation.‚
- Unlimited 12-month access to digital resources including all printed and video materials.‚
- Unlimited technical support from CreositySpace - their scientists and engineers are available to help with any questions you might have.
- Judy Wearing. Fungi: Mushrooms, Toadstools, Molds, Yeasts, and Other Fungi
- Carla Billups and Dawn Cusick. It a Fungus among Us: The Good, the Bad & the Downright Scary
- Elle Simms. Read about Fungi: Reading Fun for Kids
- Grow-It-Yourself classroom kit (mycelium, planter forms, nitrile gloves)
The Educator Guide contains:
- Topic introduction and background to give you additional context.
- Lesson planning tools and suggested pacing guides with built-in flexibility so that you can adjust as required to fit your students' needs.
- Cross-curricular lesson ideas to help you bring science content into ELA, math, social studies, and art.
- Detailed activity instructions and parts lists.
Additional materials required but not included:
- All-Purpose Flour
- Measuring Cup
- Tape or Binder Clip
- Tap Water
- Cookie Sheet (or similar)
- Large Mixing Bowls or Tubs (3-6)