CreositySpace Green Architects Curriculum Unit Kit
- Grades:‚ 1-5
- Number of Students: 30
How can you design a building that uses less energy?
Most people think of buildings as just a collection of cement and steel, pipes and wires. In Green Architects Callie tells us her story and helps us explore the ways buildings can be seen as dynamic participants in the community. Buildings can determine our energy usage and environmental impact while also contributing to our day-to-day well being. Using the overarching question of how to design a building or home that uses less energy, students explore properties of Earth, ecosystems, and engineering as they ask themselves: "How can we develop buildings and communities that work with and preserve the environment?"
Contact us for additional Activity Descriptions and a Standards Alignment.
The Green Architects Curriculum Kit includes:
- Educator Guide (1)
My STEM Stories notebooks (30)
- My STEM Explorer Notes notebooks (30)
- Timelines sheets (1 set)
- Introductory investigation data recording sheets (30)
- Which is Better? You Decide! comparison cards (6 sets)
- Video tutorial for the living wall hands-on investigation.‚
- Unlimited 12-month access to digital resources including all printed and video materials.
- Unlimited technical support from CreositySpace - their scientists and engineers are available to help with any questions you might have.
- National Geographic Kids Beginner's World Atlas
- Earth-Friendly Buildings Bridges and More: The Eco-Journal of Corry Lapont
- Wild Buildings and Bridges: Architecture Inspired by Nature‚
- Insect Pollinators
- Animal Pollinators
- Living Wall Containers
- Plastic Stands
- Binder Clips
- Green Building Starter Kit
The Educator Guide contains:
- Topic introduction and background to give you additional context.
- Lesson planning tools and suggested pacing guides with built-in flexibility so that you can adjust as required to fit your students' needs.‚
- Cross-curricular lesson ideas to help you bring science content into ELA, math, social studies, and art.
- Detailed activity instructions and parts lists.
Additional materials required but not included:
- Local Seeds
- Packing Tape or Plastic Wrap
- Sharpie Markers