LEGO® Education SPIKE Prime Afterschool & Camp Bundle with STEMfinity
- Grades: 6-8
- Number of Students: 1-2 per kit
- Number of Lessons: 29
- Contact Hours: 40+
- Additional Resources: SPIKE Prime Fact Sheet, LEGO Summer Camp Landing Page
This bundle contains either 5 or 10 SPIKE Prime Sets and SPIKE Prime Expansion Sets.
Note: Please see bundle size options toward the top of the page.
About the LEGO® Education SPIKE Prime Set
The LEGO® Education SPIKE Prime Set is the go-to STEAM learning tool for grade 6-8 students. Combining colorful LEGO building elements, easy-to-use hardware, and an intuitive drag-and-drop coding language based on Scratch, SPIKE Prime continuously engages students through playful learning activities to think critically and solve complex problems, regardless of their learning level. From easy-entry projects to limitless creative design possibilities, SPIKE Prime helps students learn the essential STEAM and 21st century skills needed to become the innovative minds of tomorrow... while having fun!
The intuitive coding environment for tablets and computers takes the best elements from the popular coding language based on Scratch, creating a system that teachers and students will love. In addition to Getting Started Material, the app comes with 3 unit plans of curriculum-aligned STEAM content focusing on Engineering and Computer Science.
Designed for students grades 6-8 and optimized for 45-minute lessons, these units accelerate STEAM learning by consistently engaging students to think critically and to solve complex problems, regardless of their learning level. Comprehensive online lesson plans with a wealth of accessible, interactive support material gives teachers everything they need to deliver lessons with confidence, whatever their previous experience.
Afterschool & Summer Programs:
SPIKE Prime brings STEAM creativity and engagement into afterschool programs, summer camps, robotics clubs, coding programs and maker spaces. For robotics competitions such as FIRST® LEGO® League and World Robot Olympiad, the SPIKE Prime Expansion Set and Competition Ready unit help empower students and teachers who are new to robotics and in need of more formalized training. The final lesson of the competition unit has direct ties to the annual FIRST LEGO League Robot Game, making this the ideal start of the exciting competitions journey in or out of the classroom.
About the LEGO® Education SPIKE Prime Expansion Set
Enter the exciting world of robotics competitions with the LEGO® Education SPIKE Prime Expansion Set (45681). With 603 elements, including large wheels, banana gears, a color sensor and a large motor, this add-on to the SPIKE Prime Set (45678) features over 10 hours of targeted STEAM learning that will inspire 6th to 8th grade students and teachers to build more advanced models and prepare them for the fun and challenging world of robotics competitions.
- LEGO® Technic and System elements in a fresh color palette, including 2 large wheels, banana gears, large motor and a color sensor.
- Competition Ready unit plan with over 10 hours of STEAM learning linked to curriculum standards. Includes comprehensive online lesson plans and teacher support.
- This set requires the SPIKE Prime Set (45678), (included in this bundle).
About the LEGO® Technic Large Hub for SPIKE Prime
The heart of the SPIKE Prime system is the programmable Hub. This advanced yet simple-to-use, brick-shaped device features 6 input/output ports, 5x5 light matrix, Bluetooth connectivity, a speaker, 6-axis gyro and a rechargeable battery. The SPIKE Prime Set also includes highly accurate motors and sensors that, together with a large variety of colorful LEGO building elements, let students design and build fun robots, dynamic devices and other interactive models. Many attachment points on the Hub, motors and sensors plus new, large building elements means students spend less time building and more time learning.
About the Storage Box
The durable storage box and 2 sorting trays also means time spent setting up and clearing away is kept to a minimum, while the smaller trays are ideal when desk space is limited.
Curriculum and Lesson Topics:
Key learning values include:
- Apply engineering design skills at each step of the design process.
- Develop efficient problem-solving and coding skills through decomposition of problems and algorithmic thinking.
- Design projects that combine hardware and software components to collect and exchange data.
- Work with variables, data arrays and cloud data.
- Apply critical thinking and develop life skills for the careers of tomorrow.
- 5 or 10 - SPIKE Prime Sets with Lesson Plans
- 5 or 10 - SPIKE Prime Expansion Sets
- 1 - STEMfinity USB Thumb Drive with Camp Program Resources
Summer Camp Curriculum Samples:
- LEGO® Education SPIKE Prime - Let the Games Begin - Intro Curriculum Sample
- LEGO® Education SPIKE Prime - Lets Compete - Advanced Curriculum Sample
Additional Information and Resources:
- Getting Started with LEGO® Education SPIKE Prime
- LEGO® Education SPIKE Prime Apps
- LEGO® Education SPIKE Prime Lessons
- LEGO® Education SPIKE Prime Building Instructions
- LEGO® Education SPIKE Prime System Requirements
- Supported operating systems: iOS, Chrome, Windows 10, Mac and Android
LEGO, the LEGO logo, and the SPIKE logo are trademarks and/or copyrights of the LEGO Group. Used with permission. ©2020 The LEGO Group. All rights reserved.
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.