Lab-Aids: Investigating Light - The Visible Spectrum (Station approach) Kit
This kit was written and designed by professors at the University of Kentucky.
- Visible light contains one or more colors of the visible spectrum.
- What we see is related to the color of light that enters our eyes.
- Ideal companion for Kits LAB-P104-S02, LAB-P104-S03, and LAB-P104-S04
- 1 Teacher's Guide
- 1 Light station, LAB-AIDS‚®
- 1 Colored paper strip set
- 1 Colored pencil set
- 1 Compact fluorescent bulb
- 1 Socket and cord for compact fluorescent bulb
- 1 Slotted shield for compact fluorescent bulb
- 1 Blue filter slide
- 1 Green filter slide
- 1 Red filter slide
- 1 Square-frame diffraction grating
- 1 Single-slot mask
- 1 Diffusing mask
- 2 Spectroscopes (tubes and end caps)
- 2 Color transparencies
- 2 Mirror/Slide holders
- 4 Round diffraction gratings
- Number of Students: 1 small group
- To complete the activities in this four-activity kit requires four to eight ~50-minute class periods.