Advanced modeling kit explains DNA double helix model in greater detail, and emphasizes construction of the nucleotides (the phosphate group, deoxyribose sugar, and one of four bases). While replication is observed, protein synthesis, transcription, and translation are not illustrated. Twelve, nine-rung models can be constructed with each kit.
- Build a segment of the DNA molecule and see what a double helix is like
- Model can be "unzipped" allowing for replication of DNA segment
- 1 Teacher Guide
- 50 Student Worksheets and Guides
- 12 Packages each containing: 16 Deoxyribose-sugar groups (black pentagon with connectors), 16 Phosphats - white tubes, 4 Adenine (A) - orange tubes, 4 Cytosine (C) - blue tubes, 4 Guanine (G) - yellow tubes, 4 Thymine (T) - green tubes, 8 Hydrogen bonds
- To complete this kit requires one to two ~50-minute class periods
- Number of students: 50