STEM Forged Game Design Complete Program
- Grades: 6-12
- Number of Students: 25
- Number of Lessons: 5 Subject Topics
- Contact Hours: 10 hours per week
- Additional Resources: Request a Demo, Camp Comparison
The Best Launch Pad for STEM Careers
STEM Forged Game Design programs were built with your school in mind. Gamify your students STEM education!
Students in Game Design programs are exposed to a variety of topics that they will need to use to create a complete game, including 3D modeling, animation, and programming. Every program can be customized to your district's learning objectives.
Complete Programs with Your School in Mind
Students love the idea of game design. What most of them don't know is; game design is one of the best interdisciplinary fields out there! Students in the STEM Forged programs are exposed to a variety of topics that they will need to use to create a complete game, including 3D modeling, animation, and programming. Every program can be customized to your district's learning objectives.
It's hard to find a kid that doesn't love video games... STEM Forged funnels that excitement for video games into a passion for learning STEM subjects!
- Remote School
Curriculum or Lesson Topics:
- Programming is a way to instruct the computer to perform various tasks. Learning how to automate, collect, manage, calculate, and analyze data and information accurately is a very useful interdisciplinary skill to have
- Project management is the process of coordinating and overseeing a project from start to finish. It involves setting goals, developing a plan, identifying issues that arise, and making adjustments as necessary.
- 2D design is a very versatile tool. It can be used to create game characters, game worlds and game levels. It can also include patterns, typography, illustrations, and logos. 2D design can be a great way for designers to explore their creativity.
- 3D design is the process of creating three-dimensional objects. It can be used for a variety of purposes, including game design, product design, and architectural visualization. Once you have a basic understanding of 3D design, you will be able to create almost anything you can imagine. The only limit is your imagination.
- Animation is used to create dynamic and realistic game worlds. By animating game characters and objects, designers can create a sense of life and motion that makes the game world feel more immersive. By understanding how animation works, designers can better utilize this powerful tool to create captivating game experiences.
- In a digital world, it's important to be literate not just in the traditional sense, but also in terms of creating and understanding content that exists in a digital format. That means being able to create digital content, like videos, as well as 3D and 2D immersive content.
- Program marketing materials and guide
- Up to 10 classroom hours per week
- Up to 25 students per class
- Remote instructor
- IT support
- Project-based learning
- ISTE aligned curriculum
- Game design software license
- Cloud-based storage
- Secure game-sharing
- Chromebook compatible
- Remote-student friendly
Additional Information and Resources:
- One device per student recommended.
- BlocksmithXR Builder software is compatible with Windows, macOS and Chrome OS devices.
Special Notes and Considerations:
NOTE: The STEM Forged Game Design Complete Program comes in 3 lengths: 6 weeks, 8 weeks, and 12 weeks. Please select your desired course length at the top of the page.
NOTE: Through our partnership with STEM Forged, we are required to collect the following information before processing the order:
- Primary Customer Contact
- IT Department Contact
- Organization Name
- Program Start Date
- Customer Hardware
If ordering with a purchase order, please include this info in your PO notes. If ordering directly from our website, please include this information in your order notes when checking out. If this information is not provided, a STEMfinity associate will reach out to you for this information before we process your order.