- Grades: 5+
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Additional Resources: Patchr Learn
Learn how to light up a room when it gets dark out!
The Dark-Detecting Nightlight will introduce you to voltage dividers and a light-dependent resistor which will help you create the nightlight of your dreams. This kit introduces you to electronics fundamentals and walks you through the creation of your first printed circuit board using the Patchr Editor.
Patchr Kits are a little bit different than your typical STEM kit
When you order a Patchr Kit, you'll get instant access to step-by-step online instructions within the Patchr Editor.
You'll be introduced to just enough electronic fundamentals to understand how this kit's circuit works and how each of the components in the kit work together to make it happen.
The Patchr Editor is smart too. Built into each lesson are design rules that automatically verify the layout and routing of your circuit to ensure your design's success.
Each Dark-Detecting Nightlight Includes:
- Kit instructions
- Access to the Patchr Editor
- Includes all components
- 2 custom PCBs of your design
- Free 3D design files for a nightlight shade
What You'll Learn:
- Introduction to fundamental electronics components
- Light-dependent resistor (LDR)
- Batteries and battery retainer
- Reading a schematic & schematic symbols
- Patchr Editor
- PCB layout
- PCB routing
- PCB silkscreen design
- Soldering & assembly
Patchr Editor Features:
- Side-by-side instructions and electronics design tools
- Automatic design rules verification
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.