This item is temporarily out of stock and estimated to be available in late August 2021. Please check back for updates.
Number of Students: 30
Hours of Curriculum: 20+
Standards: NGSS, Common Core, TX-TEKS, FL-CPALMS, NY-NYSED, and CA-CCSS
Additional Documents: Curricular Crosswalk, Student Set Invention Guide, CodeKit Bit Index, Invention Log, Invention Cycle Poster, Code Kit Quick Start Guide, Class Pack Invention Guide, Class Pack Quick start Guide, Pro Library Bit Index, Pro Library Quick Start Guide
Introducing the littleBits STEAM Student Set Class Pack
A powerful learning toolbox designed to teach STEAM principles and encourage exploration, experimentation, and creativity through hands-on learning. This collection of 10 STEAM Student Sets makes the engineering design process fun and iterative for students while giving you everything you need to easily implement 20+ hours of standards-aligned curriculum in the classroom.
- Engage up to 30 students with 190 Bits and 460 accessories
- Run 20+ hours unplugged, cross-curricular and standards-aligned lessons available on littleBits Classroom
- Open and guided STEAM challenges on littleBits Classroom that foster creative problem solving-skills and encourage self-expression and reflection
- Included Invention Guide containing Bit tips and 8 step-by-step challenges to get started
- Improved durable storage container for easy organization and clean up & printed materials for instructional support and classroom implementation
- Make a doodle bot made with DC motors, and a pulse that dances, wiggles, and draws up a storm. Add your own artistic flair by changing up some of the bits and materials to create unique masterpieces.
- Build a circuit cruiser, a vehicle that gets around with 2 DC motors. Add extra features to this lean, mean, mobile machine. Use it to deliver school supplies to your friends, help your teacher pass out papers, or wake up your sleeping classmate.
- Build a launcher that flings projectiles with a servo at the press of a button. Set up a tower of cups and try to knock them over. Then modify your launcher to make it even more accurate, powerful, or speedy. Challenge your friends to see who can knock over the most cups.
Meet the Set
Meet the complete STEAM toolbox to get students of all technological skill sets engaged through open-ended hands-on creative problem solving. Developed with educators, the STEAM Student Set makes the engineering design process fun and iterative for students by giving you everything you need to easily implement 20+ hours of standards-aligned curriculum. Each kit serves up to 3 students and is best suited for grades 3-8. Click here for more details.
What your Students will Gain
- Hands-on learning through tinkering with inputs, outputs, sensors, and motors to gain tech literacy.
- Application of fundamental concepts such as circuitry, engineering, physics, art, and design thinking.
- Creative confidence and critical 21st century skills through scaffolded activities.
Please click here for classroom resources.
Invent for Good
Students complete guided challenges and then level up to tackle open challenges that help to change the world. Please see lessons here.