CreositySpace Battery Builders Curriculum Unit Kit
Number of Students: 30
How can the properties of objects affect how we use them?
Are you tired of your tablets, phones and toys losing power when you're in the middle of using them? Join Fernando as he talks about his drive to understand how things work and design a better battery. Using the overarching goal of designing improved devices students explore properties of materials and engineering as they ask themselves: "How can we make a better battery?"
Addresses Physical Sciences - Electricity/Energy Storage Standards. Contact us for additional Activity Descriptions and a Standards Alignment.
The Battery Builders Curriculum Kit includes:
- Detailed Educator Guide (1)
- Laminated Instruction Sheets (1 set)
My STEM Explorer Notes Notebooks (30)
My STEM Stories Notebooks (30)
- Video presentation and FireSci Chat (~10 min) by Fernando as he discusses the technology, business and shares his personal story on what drives him to develop new materials for energy storage.
- Video tutorial for the hands-on investigations.
- Unlimited 12-month access to digital resources including all printed and video materials.
- Unlimited technical support from CreositySpace - their scientists and engineers are available to help with any questions you might have.
- Multimeters (4)
- Batteries (for multimeter testing)
- Wired LEDs (15)
- Copper Tape (1 roll)
- Scoops (20)
- Insulated Wire
- Masking Tape
- Foam Blocks
- Pipe Cleaners
- Craft Sticks
- Small Containers
- How Batteries Work (Connect with Electricity) Victoria G. Christensen
- Materials Mix Up Kits
- Alternative Electrode Materials
The Educator Guide contains:
- Topic introduction and background to give you additional context.
- Lesson planning tools and suggested pacing guides with built-in flexibility so that you can adjust as required to fit your students' needs.‚
- Cross-curricular lesson ideas to help you bring science content into ELA, math, social studies, and art.‚
- Detailed activity instructions and parts lists.
Additional materials required but not included:
- Pennies and Nickels
- Lemon Juice