Lab-Aids: Make-A-Gas Oxygen Gas Study Kit - Bilingual English/Spanish
This Make-A-Gas® generator produces oxygen when a 6% solution of hydrogen peroxide is reduced by contact with a catalyst of pelletized manganese dioxide. After collecting the gas, students perform several activities to study both the physical and chemical properties of oxygen. Reactions can be started, stopped and controlled at any point.
- Preparation and collection of oxygen
- Chemical identify of oxygen
- Study the characteristics of oxygen
- Burn various substances (carbons, metals, non-metals) in oxygen
- 1 Teacher™s Guide with MSDS
- 24 Student Worksheets and Guides
- 3 Make-A-Gas® Generators
- 24 Gas collecting bottles and troughs
- 3 Oxy pellet cartridges
- 12 Wood splints
- 12 Nichrome wire, pieces
- 1 Charcoal lumps and steel wool pad, pkg
- 3 Tubing, rubber and v-clamps
- 1 Vial of Limewater tablets
- 1 Vial of Litmus paper, blue
- 1 Vial of Litmus paper, red
- 1 Bottle of red Phosphorous and sulfur
- 6 Bottles of Hydrogen peroxide, 6%
- 3 Bottles empty labeled "Limewater"
- To complete this kit requires approximately one 50-minute class period.
- Number of students: 24