Lab-Aids:‚ Advanced Owl Pellet Study Kit
Advanced kit is designed for an in-depth study of owls and their prey. The kit provides extra identification materials such as illustrations of prey, bone sorting chart, and 15 keys to mammals commonly eaten by owls. Keys are especially valuable for identifying mammals by the fur found in the pellets. Definite species of voles and mice can be identified by the additional skeletal clues provided. Owl pellets are collected from a single region, sterilized, and individually wrapped.
- 1 Teacher's Guide
- 30 Student Worksheets and Guides
- 15 Owl pellets - sterilized and individually wrapped
- 15 Specimen Identification Sorting Charts
- 15 Keys to Mammals Commonly Eaten by Owls
- 15 Teasing probes
- To complete this kit requires one to two ~50-minute class periods.
- Number of students: 30